Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world's most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking a mid-level Archaeologist to join our Cultural Resource Team in our Cincinnati, OH office. Candidates could work on a variety of cultural resource survey and archaeological monitoring and excavation projects throughout the Midwest. This is a full-time position. Candidates must be able to work effectively in field, office, and laboratory settings as part of a team and under the supervision of senior cultural resource specialists.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Conducting archaeological survey, monitoring, and excavations
- Directing teams of archaeological field technicians on site detection field surveys.
- Documenting archaeological and historical resources; must be able to take accurate field notes, complete forms, and draw accurate profiles and plan view sketches
- Using digital devices to record field data.
- Using a digital camera to photo-document artifacts, features, and sites and keeping an accurate photo log.
- Proficiency with standard word processing (Word) and workbook (Excel) software
- Writing site descriptions and contributions to reports
- Processing artifacts (washing, labeling, and cataloging) and performing basic analysis of artifacts.
- Consulting with a supervisor about unusual problems
About AECOM's Environment Business Line
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world's most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM's Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
- BA in Anthropology/Archaeology or closely related field plus 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education conducting archaeological survey, monitoring, and excavations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Must be open to frequent travel for 8 to 10-day field sessions.
- Ability to perform manual work in outdoor environments with uneven terrain and variable conditions including heat, cold, moisture, and dryness.
- Prior experience with implementing archaeological fieldwork logistics, protocols, and data collection.
- 6+ years of experience in archaeological survey and excavation fieldwork and analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment and technology used to collect and record archaeological data, including GPS applications and Microsoft applications.
- Experience with geographical information systems software
- Strong attention to detail, with proven ability to follow specific instructions.
- Ability to write well, including artifact, feature, site, and landscape descriptions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with other project staff.
- General familiarity with cultural resource management protocols and processes, including compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act and National Environmental Policy Act.
- Some experience with conducting laboratory analysis of both prehistoric and historic material.
- CPR/First Aid and OSHA 10 Training.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
- Offered rate of compensation (Ohio locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $65,000 - $80,000.00.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absences, voluntary benefits, perks, U.S and global well-being programs, employee assistance program, business travel insurance, service recognition awards, retirement savings plan, and employee stock purchase plan.
AECOM is the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle - from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $14.4 billion in fiscal year 2023. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Remote