Senior Archaeologist - ( 240000LN )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are looking to expand our archaeology team and are seeking a full time Archaeologist to assist in providing program leadership. Work will focus on projects across various service lines in the southeast, with opportunities to contribute to projects in throughout the US, Caribbean, and Canada.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead cultural resource management assessments.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Actively participate in Stantec's Health & Safety (HSSE) programs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience leading cultural resource management assessments, including supervising staff.
- Experience identifying archaeological sites and features, comfortable discussing precontact and historical artifacts.
- Ability to hold or acquire Florida 1A-32 permit or ARPA permits or possess the required experience and education to become a permit holder.
- Dedicated to following and promoting a strong safety culture in all work.
- Desire to work closely with other environmental and cultural resource professionals.
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience in cultural resource management, including the preparation of regulatory deliverables.
- Self-motivated and ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Strong business/client orientation
- Detail oriented; resourceful
Education and Experience
- A Master's degree in Anthropology or Archaeology is required. A Ph.D. is an asset.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Cultural Resource Management. Experience in the Southeast US is an asset.
- Bilingual capabilities (Spanish) are an asset.
- Experience working in diverse locations is an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Regular full-time and part-time employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary/casual employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa
Other Locations : United States-Florida-Riverview, United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1726 EnvSvcs-US Gulf East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 7, 2024, 1:37:04 PM
Req ID: 240000LN
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans