We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for and On-Call Field Archaeologists to assist with Class III archaeological investigations in the State of Colorado. We will also consider candidates based in states located in our Plains region: Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, or Montana. Be involved in projects with our Heritage Resource Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- Assist with field projects during all phases of archaeological testing (primarily Class II and Class III) by performing pedestrian reconnaissance, shovel tests, test unit excavation supervised by a Field Director
- Document findings through detailed note taking including Munsell soil descriptions and completing field forms
- Assist in prehistoric and historic artifact identification and document archaeological deposits
- Work as part of a team
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic preservation, or related field
- Archaeological field school
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions, and be able to follow instructions
- Local to Colorado and surrounding region is preferred. Opportunities to work in other states is possible
- This is an on-call, hourly position. Hourly rates are industry competitive.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety & drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Travel will be required; length or duration of travel is dependent on project-specific requirements
- Single occupancy hotel rooms for duration of fieldwork and paid directly by WSP
- Flat-rate meal reimbursement, unless otherwise noted for specific projects
- Travel compensation provided
- Transportation from hotel to work site provided, unless otherwise noted for specific projects
- Opportunities for full-time employment and advancement
- Benefits package includes PTO, modified holiday pay, 401K plan
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individual with disabilities to perform essential job functions
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career. These benefits include coverage related to medical, dental, vision, disability, and life; retirement savings; paid sick leave; paid vacation (or other personal time); paid parental leave; and paid time off for purposes of bereavement, voting, and/or attendance at naturalization proceedings.
Expected Salary (Colorado only): $33.03 - $53.21per hour
WSP USA is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position within the state of Colorado, based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and specific geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, and/or federal law.
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation - no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.