Job Description: Take Your Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's looking for you! From environmental planning, permitting, remediation, site characterization and Archaeology to chemical data management and hydrogeology, Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions. Step into Your New Role Kleinfelder has a great opportunity for a Senior Archaeologist and Project Manager to join our Northern California cultural resources group.
This is a full-time position. Successful candidates will have at least six years of prior experience working in California cultural resource management, including field work. Must be willing to work with a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment while tracking multiple projects at once. Office job duties include project management, preparing proposals and contracts, peer reviewing internal cultural documents, mentoring junior staff, coordinating with archaeological field crews, reviewing field paperwork such as survey and monitoring reports, completing and reviewing site record forms, and submitting high quality deliverables to our clients. Field duties may include occasional travel to conduct pedestrian surveys, construction monitoring, and recording cultural resources in the field. We have flexibility to consider Fresno, Stockton, Oakland, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, San Jose and Sacramento. ? Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous experience managing cultural resources projects in California is required.
- The ability to independently identify prehistoric and historic-era cultural resources.
- Six or more years of progressive experience, including participating in cultural resources field projects in California.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking while working in the field.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field or office.
- Have good phone skills and be familiar with Microsoft Teams, Slack, Microsoft Outlook while working remotely.
- Experience working on state and federal lands.
- Previous experience working with Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) projects is highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Previous experience coordinating with Native American Tribes and land agencies is required.
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel) and Google Earth.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, iPad etc.) and GIS applications and software. Previous experience using Collector a plus.
- Previous experience preparing site record forms, monitoring logs, and survey report forms.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Ability to lead a team and delegate tasks as necessary.
- A driver's license is required.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check. ?
Graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field required.? Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver. Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that throughdiversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following: Benefits:
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $71,626 - $119,399. Career Development:
We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program. Equal Opportunity:
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.