ERM is seeking highly motivated Managing Technical Consultant, Archaeologist to join our global consulting firm as part of our Cultural Resources Services team. This is a full-time, salary-based position that can be based from a local ERM office or fully remote. Preferred candidates will be located in California, Washington or Oregon. Successful candidates must be flexible and responsive to a challenging and changing work environment where schedules and tasks fluctuate according to the needs of the projects and clients.
- Conduct research and writing for cultural resource heritage components of Washington SEPA and Governor's Executive Order 21-02 (formerly 05-05), NHPA Section 106, and NEPA documents for projects for private and government sector clients.
- Perform literature review, field reconnaissance, field surveys, and excavation for archaeological studies.
- Interact with various State Historic Preservation Offices, the Washington Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, and access online cultural resource databases.
- Lead and supervise staff in an office setting and/or during fieldwork.
- Perform research and write technical reports.
- Provide technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM's business and client base in the area of archaeology and cultural heritage.
- Interact with other ERM practice areas to share multi-disciplinary resources and best practices across the country.
- Represent ERM through communications and at meetings with state, federal and local agencies.
- Communicate regularly with clients via email and phone conferences.
- Assist with preparing proposals to meet client needs.
- Graduate degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field of study plus a minimum of 6 years of related paid experience.
- Demonstrated experience completing inventory, survey, testing, and/or data recovery.
- Experience as primary author on agency-reviewed technical reports.
- Must have strong attention to detail in documentation of work.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agency personnel.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated business development abilities.
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of Great Basin, Northwest Coast, and Columbian Plateau culture areas.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be locally available for projects.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to field sites that will be located in and out of state.
- Must be able to walk long distances (up to ten miles per day) in varying terrain under adverse conditions, including inclement weather, wildlife encounters, and able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., and able to excavate shovel tests.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate motorized vehicles.
- Registered Professional Archaeologist.
- California, Washington or Oregon SHPO-qualified Archaeologist.
- Ability to be listed on BLM cultural resources use permits.
- Previous experience with mapping equipment and other special application equipment (e.g., total station, GPS, etc.).
- Previous laboratory materials processing experience desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented; resourceful.
- Positive and energetic attitude.
- Self-motivated; strong initiative.
For the Managing Technical Consultant, Archaeologist position, we anticipate the annual base pay of $80,000 - $94,760. An employee's pay position within this range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We also may have instances where employee's fall outside of the range based on the factors noted above. This job may be eligible for bonus pay (casual and fixed term/flex force employees are NOT bonus eligible).
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life & disability insurance to benefits eligible* employees.
- Benefits Eligibility is limited to Regular employees regularly scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week. Fixed-Term employees (including flex force) who are regularly scheduled to work 20 hours a week or more are eligible for a limited benefits package. Casual employees are NOT benefits eligible. See your recruiter for more details.
You can apply for this role through https://www.erm.com/careers/apply/ or through the internal careers portal if you are a current employee.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, determinable, and payable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume for review.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!