Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world's most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking an on-call, Archaeology Technician to join our Dallas or Austin, TX team.
The Archaeological Technician primarily performs fieldwork under the supervision of a Crew Chief, Field Director and/or Principal Investigator. This is a part-time position, meaning workdays and times will be determined on an as-needed basis. Field projects could be located anywhere in Texas, Louisiana and Southeast U.S. Candidates will need flexibility to occasionally travel for 8 to 10-day field sessions. Lodging (single occupancy) and meal expenses will be provided.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct all aspects of archaeological field work, including survey, site recordation, site testing and evaluations, monitoring, and data recovery;
- Perform manual labor including shovel test excavations;
- Have the ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions;
- Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units;
- Identification and documentation of precontact and historical sites and artifacts;
- Documentation using forms, field notes, and photo logs;
- Work independently under the supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member; and
- Conduct technical research and writing for reporting efforts.
About AECOM's Environment Business Line
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world's most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM's Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG). We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
- High School graduate plus no years of relevant experience needed.
- Valid Driver's license with a good driving record is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology, or related field;
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring;
- Experience in Texas, Oklahoma, and/or Louisiana preferred;
- Experience with geospatial technology including GPS and GIS; and
- Computer proficiency including familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this role.
- Offered rate of compensation (Texas locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The hourly range for this position is: $17.00 - $22.00/hr.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absences, voluntary benefits, perks, U.S and global well-being programs, employee assistance program, business travel insurance, service recognition awards, retirement savings plan, and employee stock purchase plan.
AECOM is the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle - from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $14.4 billion in fiscal year 2023. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Remote