Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity's biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 102154
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Why Black and Veatch
Black & Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity's biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life. At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
Black & Veatch prides itself on the support of our employees and providing flexibility to make the things that are most important to you, a priority. This is why we offer our professionals the option of a Hybrid work environment. Our hybrid work approach allows our employees to work two days a week from other locations outside of the office. #LI-MK1
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a dynamic team within an established global infrastructure consulting and engineering company.
- Work with as part of a team of cultural resource professionals to support our clients in achieving state and federal compliance through every phase of a project, from desktop review, to fieldwork, to curation preparation.
- Join Black & Veatch's Environmental practice to work with a team of professionals focused on ensuring environmental stewardship for our clients.
As part of BV Operations, your skills will be aligned to projects that support our 3 market sectors- Governments & Environment, Energy & Process Industries, and Connectivity & Commercial. In roles like Engineers, Technicians, and Skilled Specialists you will be engaged with exciting projects across the globe. From small community improvements to grand-scale Mega Projects, you will be Building a World of Difference through infrastructure growth and development while learning and focusing on your own individual development. The foundation of BV Operations provides the ability to move where your skills are needed and allows for a collaborative and innovative culture offering greater challenges and career development opportunities.
Our Environmental team is a multidisciplinary team of ecologists, engineers, scientists, project managers, and attorneys working together to identify optimum environmental solutions for our clients. We have provided environmental consulting services in support of projects for over 40 years including a diverse and growing mix of infrastructure projects such as power generation (conventional and renewable) and transmission, oil and gas facilities and pipelines, water and wastewater treatment facilities, data centers, and food and beverage industries. As a full-service environmental consulting practice, services include impact assessment and planning, regulatory compliance and permitting, wetland and floodplain analysis, waterbody and water quality assessment, air quality permitting and management, environmental remediation, site due diligence, environmental noise assessment, pollution prevention planning, and climate action solutions.
Environmental | Black & Veatch (bv.com)
- Reviewing regulatory documentation to identify state requirements for cultural resource related projects.
- Supporting cultural resource fatal flaw, critical issues analysis, and due diligence reviews.
- Supporting consultation with state and federal agencies as well as tribal nations regarding cultural resource compliance.
- Supporting cultural resource surveys, site testing, and site mitigation.
- Supporting project related site visits, construction monitoring, cultural resource awareness training, and generally support project site management from an environmental compliance perspective.
- Supporting the development unanticipated discovery plans, cultural resource management plans, and other deliverables related to cultural resources and environmental compliance for project execution.
- Developing and delivering internal training to engineering, project management, and construction groups on cultural resource compliance topics.
- Maintaining a current understanding of new technologies, methods, and practices in the cultural resource and environmental compliance industry.
- Supporting advisement, coordination, and consulting with leaders from the Environmental and Construction teams.
- Completed an accredited archaeological field school.
- Master's degree in archaeology, anthropology, or closely related field with an emphasis in archaeology is preferred. Bachelor's degree is required.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local permitting related to cultural resources, paleontology, geology, wetlands, wildlife and others.
- Positive, team-first, get-the-job-done commitment.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills with proven problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines.
- Strong technical writing abilities.
A minimum total of 1 year of related work experience is typically necessary to move into this level. Graduate work may count as related work experience if directly applicable to job function. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office/home office environment. Will be conducting field work which can require travel up to 25-40%. Physical Demands: Sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, driving, seeing, writing, reaching, stooping, crouching, walking, standing for extended periods of time. Domestic travel required. Infrequent international travel can be necessary.
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.