Cultural Resources Specialist
Bolton & Menk is in search of aCultural Resources Specialistto join our Environmental Planning team in the Twin Cities. As a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace in Minnesota, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals and help make a difference in our local communities!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for archaeological field surveys, excavation and reporting including:
- Leading, supervising and mentoring field staff
- Site recording and evaluations
- Archaeological testing and data recovery
- Report writing and production
- Provides project management support to Cultural Principal Investigator and Environmental group staff for services related to cultural resource surveys.
- Responsible for cultural resources construction monitoring
- Coordinating with construction and subcontractor staff
- Ability to work longer days (10 - 12 hours)
- Soils and features recording
- Faunal and osteological identification
- Report writing and production.
- Analyzes and documents prehistoric, and historic sites and artifacts.
- Coordinates and communicates with representatives from various local, state, and federal agencies as needed.
- May assist with other duties associated with cultural resources management, environmental review documents and planning.
What We are Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology or Archaeology from an accredited college or university or a closely related field.
- Three (3) or more years of related experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Midwest (Minnesota as primary focus) state prehistory, diagnostic artifacts, and history.
- Understands & follows Federal Regulations, Laws and Executive Orders pertaining to environmental review.
- Understands & follows State Laws and regulations pertaining to environmental review.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard-working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow's leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top 200 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 900 employees in Colorado, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers (http:// https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers) We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.It is our responsibility and privilege to embrace the diversity of people, thoughts, and experiences necessary to develop infrastructure systems that serve all people. Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including disability and vets.
Location(s)Burnsville, Oakdale, Ramsey
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.