Sr. Market Research Analyst
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health.
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise.
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you.
We have an opportunity for a remote Sr. Market Research Analyst on our Strategy- Environmental Intelligence team. Asa Sr. Market Research Analyst, you will design and execute qualitative research program evaluation projects to provide the AMA with timely and useful strategic and tactical information to support the development of AMA programs, content and tools, as well as adoption of AMA offerings within physician practices.
Qualitative Research and Program Evaluation
- Define research objectives for primary research; design questionnaires and discussion guides; develop frameworks and models that support findings; manage, implement and analyze the results of research studies
- Independently implement programs of research including the planning, scheduling and monitoring of all technical and operational tasks necessary to complete the research program
- Moderate and facilitate, in-person and/or online qualitative research interviews, focus groups, strategy sessions, and workshops with physicians, stakeholders and executives
- Supervise internal resources or outside suppliers when appropriate
- Develop an optimized program of research for assigned clients, integrating qualitative research, and evaluations when appropriate
- Extend capability of qualitative research team by identifying and implementing best in class qualitative research methodologies
- Own and cultivate a business unit relationship on behalf of the department
- Proactively anticipate and refine business units research and evaluation needs
- Consult on the interpretation and recommendations of research, leveraging cross-functional knowledge of other research studies and context within healthcare
- Manage internal client teams, project logistics and meetings between vendors
Presentations, Documentation, and Reports
- Extend capability of qualitative research team by collecting, developing, and refining documentation for project scoping, discussion guides, surveys and evaluations, and analysis and reporting
- Create tailored written research reports and recommendations
- Present to leadership, external stakeholders, and internal clients
May include other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in a Social Science, Market Research, Anthropology, Public Health or similar subject required; master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of research experience required; experience in the healthcare industry required
- Experience moderating focus groups, one-on-one interviews or ethnographies with physicians, executives or other professionals is required
- Formal moderator training from RIVA or similar organization is highly preferred
- Training and experience in research design, methodology and analysis also required
- Ability to manage multiple and varied projects concurrently and proactively solve problems
- Ability to interpret research findings and translate into clear and concise reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate to all levels of stakeholders; experience presenting to leadership and or clients highly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of research techniques and ability to assimilate industry advances and developments into projects
- Strong analytic skills required; able to analyze qualitative data and apply qualitative data analysis techniques including coding or thematic analysis
- Proven knowledge of Excel required and experience in QDA (qualitative data analysis) software preferre d
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION