Adjunct Faculty are hired each semester on an as-needed basis. Adjunct Faculty are responsible for creating a learning environment that assists students in reaching their goals; and for providing effective instruction and assessment within the framework of common syllabi provided.
- Facilitate student learning by delivering assigned classes in accordance with College policy and course objectives.
- Make optimal use of available technology to enhance instructional methods.
- Supplement and alter, where appropriate, lesson plans, assignments, tests, and materials. Maintain accurate student records, grades, and other requirements.
- Engage with students proactively and regularly in meaningful and productive ways that impact student learning and lead to a positive experience with Ivy Tech Community College.
- Demonstrate evidence of developing and implementing teaching strategies focused on engaging online students with their learning.
- Interact with students and co-workers in a professional and cooperative manner, complying with College policies, guidelines and expectations.
- Maintain a safe, quality online educational environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees in which every individual feels respected and valued.
This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with this position may be assigned. All responsibilities will be conducted within the parameters of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), other applicable regulatory requirements, and professional standards.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Department/Program Chair
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A qualified faculty member in anthropology meets the discipline standard through one of two routes:
- Possesses an earned master's or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in anthropology, or
- Possesses an earned master's or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in any field with 18 graduate semester hours in anthropology.
Must demonstrate ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $46.80/contact hour
CLASSIFICATION: Adjunct faculty
Ivy Tech Community College is an accredited, equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or veteran status. As required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Ivy Tech Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admissions. Questions specific to Title IX may be referred to the College's Title IX Coordinator or to the US Department of Education Office of Civil Rights.