, we are each driven by our own purposes and aspirations. We are encouraged to develop our own unique skills while also growing our business. For some, it's envisioning the lives of tribal ancestors as told by the artifacts uncovered on their lands. For others, there's no greater meaning than being in the field collecting data on flora or fauna. For our engineers and architects, it may be the pride in seeing a design come to life or solving a complex problem while navigating the complexities of environmental and permitting requirements. What unites us all, however, is our commitment to our clients and to each other. WestLand
is large enough to provide a wide range of opportunities for career growth yet nimble enough for you to forge your own unique business and professional path. We pride ourselves on an inclusive environment where talented and creative individuals work together on unique and inspiring projects, bringing innovative solutions to our clients. Make a difference with us at WestLand!
WestLand is seeking on-call Archaeology Field Technicians
for various survey and excavation projects for our growing Nevada teams. Our crews can be found working throughout the West on projects for private and public sector clients. The successful candidates will be based out of WestLand's Reno
office but will work on projects across the West. Projects slated for the next few months include an excavation project in northern Nevada and various survey projects throughout Nevada, northern California, and western Idaho. For all field projects, per diem and lodging will be provided at the 2024 GSA rate. All driving time equivalent to the travel from the Reno office will also be paid.
What will I be doing?
- Under direction of a field supervisor, conducting archaeological fieldwork (e.g., field survey, testing, monitoring, and/or data recovery excavations).
- Under direction of a field supervisor, recording artifacts, features, and other site components using a GPS Receiver, map archaeological features and sites, draw scaled profiles and plans, and maintain paperwork, notes, and records.
- Processing and cataloging artifacts and other materials under lab staff supervision.
- Performing preliminary analysis and lab tasks under lab staff supervision.
- Filing and scanning records and paperwork.
- Completing record searches and report tables under supervision of senior staff.
What qualifications are required for this role?
- Associate degree or higher in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field. Prior on-the-job archeology experience or an archaeological field school may substitute for educational requirements.
- Previous experience in archaeology preferred.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in various environments that often feature temperature fluctuations, rough terrain, and potential high altitudes.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to bend and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel out of town for work throughout the West, often on short notice and for extended periods (paid drive time, per diem, and hotel provided).
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
The pay range for this position is $22.00 to $29.00 per hour.
What does WestLand offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes 9 paid holidays, healthcare benefits, PTO, and 401k matching for full time employees. Flexible work schedules and remote/hybrid possibilities are available for most roles.
- A multidisciplinary environment where projects are unique, creative, and challenging! A place where you can develop your own vision of clientele and projects, and where you get to work with our industry leaders daily!
- An environment where you are set up for success! With two-way mentorship, financial incentives to publish your work, and tuition reimbursement for ongoing educational support, we have you covered! In addition, WestLand has developed a career-path structure to assist you in reaching those next steps in your career!
- A collaborative work environment where information and ideas are shared across teams. Communication is clear and comes often. And our diversity of people and cultures means everyone always feels welcome at WestLand!
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply, visit Westland Resources Job Listings
Resumes submitted by a recruiting/staffing agency without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of WestLand. Any recruiting/staffing agency wishing to do business with WestLand must contact the Human Resources Department through our website. Recruiting/staffing agents may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration. Job Posted by ApplicantPro