Senior Archaeologist - ( 2300052N )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Senior Archaeologist Position at Stantec
Stantec's Environmental Services Division is actively seeking experienced Senior Archaeologists to bolster our Cultural Resources team. As an integral member of the Southern California Cultural Resource Group, the Senior Archaeologist will engage collaboratively with our dynamic team of archaeologists, architectural historians, and GIS experts in the execution of a wide range of archaeological projects. Your role will include the full range of CRM responsibilities, including proposal development, project design, coordination and execution of fieldwork for a wide range of clients and programs, report preparation and review, as well as limited project and team management responsibilities. Candidates must exhibit a keen awareness of workplace safety, possess the capability to work independently under minimal supervision. This role is tailored for flexibility, offering remote and hybrid work options out of any of our offices in Southern California.
- Executing interdisciplinary cultural resource projects of varying levels of complexity.
- Facilitating client compliance with state and federal regulations
- Building and sustaining professional relationships with government agencies and tribal entities.
- Serve as primary author on technical reports, research designs, and technical documents
- Supervise fieldwork, data collection, analysis, and final report production, ensuring these tasks are conducted in conformity with Stantec's technical standards
- Planning and implementing projects with a significant degree of independent judgment and coordination of complex tasks.
- Managing tasks and teams for projects of varying degrees of complexity, ensuring timely and budget-compliant delivery of high-quality reports.
- Contributing to business development initiatives, including proposal drafting and client relationship management.
- Providing leadership for successful project execution, from proposal stage to project conclusion.
- Active involvement in Health, Safety, and Environment (HSSE) policies and practices.
- Performing peer reviews of routine and moderately complex tasks undertaken by colleagues or junior professionals.
- Offering supervision, training, and mentorship to junior staff, fostering technical and professional growth.
- Applying technical expertise and business acumen to devise innovative, effective solutions for project challenges.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven expertise in environmental policies and regulations (CEQA, NEPA, NHPA/Section 106).
- In-depth knowledge of California's prehistory and history.
- Comprehensive experience in all aspects of cultural resource management (both fieldwork and office-based).
- Ability to work independently and lead projects, maintaining clear communications with Project Managers, and Team Leads.
- Experience with major Utilities clients (preferred, but not essential).
- Exceptional technical writing, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive in fostering an innovative and creative work environment.
- Proficiency in field data collection tools like GPS, ESRI Collector, and Survey 123.
- Commitment to technical excellence and continuous improvement.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- MA degree (or higher) in Anthropology
- Minimum of eight years' relevant professional experience in cultural resource management, with a preference California experience (a comparable combination of advanced education and relevant experience will also be considered).
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) credential preferred but not required
- Willingness to travel for fieldwork, up to 20% time
- Ability to work in typical office settings and adapt to field conditions, including variable weather and lifting items up to 50 lbs.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- CA Other Areas $95,000 - CA Other Areas $152,900 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in CA (SF Area includes SF, SJS & WLC)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Regular full-time and part-time employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary/casual employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : United States-California-Pasadena
Other Locations : United States-California-Monrovia, United States-California-Bakersfield, United States-California-Santa Ana, United States-California-Santa Maria, United States-California-Ventura, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-Thousand Oaks, United States-California-Santa Barbara, United States-California-San Bernardino
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1858 EnvSvcs-US West S California
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 21, 2023, 5:23:14 PM
Req ID: 2300052N
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans