JOB TITLE: ARCHAEOLOGIST FOR THE AAIHS, OEHE
JOB LOCATION: Albuquerque Area Office 4101 Indian School Rd NE Suite 225 Albuquerque, NM 87110
SCHEDULE: To be determined
The candidate shall:
- Researching the area to be surveyed to determine if the site(s) has any National Register listed or eligible properties.
- Traveling to and visiting the site(s) to perform the on-site cultural resource survey or monitoring if needed.
- Preparing the cultural survey report and sending it to the Indian Health Service for review and submittal to the State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO) and/or Tribal Historic Preservation Officer (THPO) for concurrence.
- Providing archaeological monitoring as needed per report findings and SHPO/THPO stipulations.
- Provide the following deliverables as required:
a. Two copies of the report (cultural resource survey/archaeological monitoring/testing plan) shall be provided along with a PDF copy.
b. Report shall include detailed maps in color and required forms for the specific state of the survey.
The candidate must:
- Have at least a graduate degree in anthropology, history, or closely related field
- Have at least two years of experience conducting research, fieldwork, writing, and project management activities.
Powered by JazzHR