Assistant Vice President, Cultural Resources Manager
Req ID 16677
Assistant Vice President, Cultural Resources Manager
Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We're looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
Serve as key member of Environmental Planning Leadership Team in Southern California, with focus on business development, expansion of client base, and staffing growth. Management and preparation of documentation compliant with the National Historical Preservation Act (NHPA), California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and for a variety of project scopes prepared for government and private sector clients. Specific tasks include preparing and adhering to scopes, schedules, budgets, completing or overseeing all components of fieldwork, analysis, and reporting documentation, and managing and mentoring junior staff. Will work collaboratively with Environmental Planning leadership and technical staff throughout California and the western US.
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of small-, medium-, and large-sized projects, including surveys, subsurface explorations, significance testing, and mitigation data recovery investigations requiring scope of work/technical approach, budget, and schedule preparation.
- Liaison with client, agencies, and consultant team members.
- Mentoring junior staff.
- The ability to work effectively and independently as a cultural resources lead on CEQA/NEPA projects.
- Solid understanding of CEQA, NEPA and NHPA Section 106 requirements and processes.
- Attention and commitment to timely completion of high-quality work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Who You Are
- Master's Degree in Anthropology or Archaeology emphasizing cultural resources of the western United States
- 10+ years of experience working in cultural resource management.
- Register of Professional Archaeologists (RPA) certification.
- Demonstrated experience with CEQA, NEPA, and NHPA.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with marketing, proposals, and business development.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to prioritize responsibilities and quickly adapt to change in a pressure work environment.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- 40-Hour OSHA Health & Safety Training (HAZWOPER) (29 CFR 1910.120) preferred.
- Basic First Aid and Adult CPR training desired.
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career. These benefits include coverage related to medical, dental, vision, disability, and life; retirement savings; paid sick leave; paid vacation (or other personal time); paid parental leave; and paid time off for purposes of bereavement, voting, and/or attendance at naturalization proceedings.
Expected Salary (California): $107,300- $175,000
WSP USA is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it might pay and offer for this position, based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to internal equity and specific geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant's sex or other status protected by local, state, and/or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: 20%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: RIVERSIDE - PIERCE ST
- All locations: US-CA-Costa Mesa, US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-Santa Barbara
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 15,000 employees in over 300 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible and agile workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or other staffing services. Unsolicited resumes include any resume or hiring document sent to WSP in the absence of a signed Service Agreement where WSP has expressly requested recruitment/staffing services specific to the position at hand. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers or other business leaders, will become the property of WSP and WSP will have the right to hire that candidate without reservation - no fee or other compensation will be owed or paid to the recruiter, employment agency, or other staffing service.