The On-Call Assistant Archeologist/Cultural Resources Specialist will assist with project studies and surveys, constructionmonitoring, archaeological excavation and associated field work. This includes the collection of field data, artifact identification, GPS data collection and the preparation of technical reports for multi-disciplined projects in a variety of locations.
- Assist in performing field investigations for the presence of cultural resources.
- Conduct pre-field work research, including studying the prehistory and history of each project area.
- Assist in preparation of pedestrian surveys, excavation, shovel testing, archival research, and documentation of results.
- Provide support to staff in construction monitoring, archaeological excavation, artifact identification and other various project related activities.
- Support field surveys, project studies, and construction monitoring.
- Assist with compiling technical and GPS data to be presented to Project Managers and staff.
- Assist in preparation of project status and technical reports for the project team.
- Provide support to staff in government agency and tribal consultations, client coordination, and other client facing activities.
- Assist in development efforts and in planning proposals.
This position is ON CALL no opportunity to convert. They need someone to work on a project in the Midwest location if when/there is a need. There's no actual locations yet - as this will vary throughout the Midwest locally. The candidate will use their own vehicle (mileage reimburse) or rental car (to expense) to go to assigned project site in the Midwest (unknown location, might vary).
- Bachelor Degree in a related field from an accredited program Required
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Master Degree in anthropology/archeology or related field Preferred
- Prior internship or experience conducting field investigations Preferred
- Prior experience analyzing artifacts preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, specifically for preparation of technical reports and proposal writing, are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to operate various types of GPS equipment and potentially GIS equiptment.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SharePoint).
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing work environments and research approaches.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
- Valid driver's license Required
- Involvement on campus or in the community preferred.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship) in the country where this position is located.
Entry Level Accepted, Training, Per Diem If Travel, Employee Owned, Unique Projects, Flexibility, Multiple Locations, Great Team, Room For Growth, Healthcare, Dentistry, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance
We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This temporary role may be eligible for the following:
- Medical, dental & vision
- Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life & AD&D)
- Short and long-term disability
- Health & Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HSA & DCFSA)
- Transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time Off/Leave (PTO, Vacation or Sick Leave)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
- Hiring diverse talent
- Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
- Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
- Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.