At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
AECOM is seeking multiple Archaeology Technician II's for employment in our Cincinnati, OH or Denver, CO offices. This can be a remote based position as candidates will be traveling for field work.
The Archaeological Technician primarily performs fieldwork under the supervision of a Crew Chief, Field Director and/or Principal Investigator. This is a part-time position, meaning workdays and times will be determined on an as-needed basis. Field projects will likely be located in the Midwestern and Eastern U.S., with immediate need for field staff on project assignments in Michigan, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas. Candidates will need flexibility to travel overnight.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct all aspects of archaeological field work, including survey, site recordation, site testing and evaluations, monitoring, and data recovery.
- Performs manual labor including excavation with shovels and moving wheelbarrows filled with dirt.
- Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
- Identification and documentation of precontact and historical sites and artifacts.
- Documentation using forms, field notes, and photo logs.
- Work independently under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
- Conduct technical research and writing for reporting efforts.
About AECOM's Environment Business Line
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world's most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM's Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
- High School graduate + 2 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education in archaeology fieldwork.
- Valid Driver's License with a good driving record as travel will be required for this role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring.
- Experience with Geospatial technology including GPS and GIS.
- Computer proficiency including familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role.
- Offered rate of compensation ([insert state] locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The hourly range for this position is $18.00 - $26.00/hr.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: West
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Remote