Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world's most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is actively seeking Archaeological Technicians. The Archaeological Technician will provide field and lab support to cultural resource projects throughout the US. The Archaeological Technician will have knowledge of basic field excavation techniques, the ability to process (wash, catalog, and mark) recovered archaeological artifacts, and be able to properly fill out field and laboratory forms and will perform pedestrian walkovers, excavation of shovel test pits, test units, and features, and mapping and site documentation. This position supports Phase I, II, and III field and lab studies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs archaeological fieldwork, laboratory analysis, and documentation.
- Works under direction of Crew Chiefs, Field Director, and Principal Investigator.
- Works with technical field, lab and office staff, managers and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet AECOM quality standards.
- Responsible for supporting supervisors as needed on a project basis- this could include providing graphic support, writing, travel coordination, project/paperwork organizational support, and pulling together the equipment for field projects as directed by supervisors.
- Performs data entry, artifact labeling, and copies records for curation.
- Performs manual labor including excavation with shovels and moving wheelbarrows filled with dirt.
- Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
- May build or repair field/lab equipment.
- BA or BS in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field or demonstrated equivalency of experience and / or education.
- Completion of a university-based archaeological field school.
- Valid U.S. Driver's License and as a condition of employment, pass AECOM's Motor Vehicle Records review.
- Due to the nature of work, US citizenship is required.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning System (GPS), Total Station, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Statistical Analysis (ex., SAS or SPSS).
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Sponsorship for US employment authorization is not available now or in the future for this position.
- Travel is required for this position.
Offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The hourly range for this position is $18 - $22/hour.
AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
AECOM is the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle - from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: East
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Remote