About the Role & Team
The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to entertain, inform and inspire people around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, reflecting the iconic brands, creative minds and innovative technologies that make ours the world's premier entertainment company.
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products brings the magic of Disney stories and franchises to life through theme parks, resorts, cruise ships, unique vacation experiences, consumer products and more around the world. With experiences created by Walt Disney Imagineering, beloved characters come to life for guests and consumers of all ages. For decades, we've brought engaging storytelling, exceptional service and unforgettable magic to life across our destinations and products. With imagination and technology, we continue to set the bar in the industry we pioneered, creating happiness, hope and inspiration.
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics is a team within Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products focused on making great consumer-centric commercial, functional, and operational decisions through providing end-to-end measurement across the consumer journey.
This role will reside within the Disneyland Resort Consumer Insight Team. The team identifies demand drivers and revenue opportunities; explores consumer needs with essential segments to inform long-term strategies; and maximizes the guest experience across both parks, hotels and Downtown Disney to build long-term loyalty.
This role will report to a Sr. Manager, Consumer Insights.
This is a 6-month temporary assignment with no guarantee of permanent placement.
What You Will Do
- Demonstrate curiosity - Proactively gather an integrated understanding of the strategic context to inform a more impactful solution.
- Put Your Skills to the Test - Mine and analyze data to test hypotheses and answer business questions. Interpret information to provide objective, clear and actionable insight
- Exercise leadership - Lead consumer insight projects with personal accountability. Manage all phases of the research process including needs identification, methodology design, survey design, cross-functional management, data mining, and presentation of results, using the proper techniques along the way that provide crucial insights and actionable results that address the business opportunities.
- Team up with partners - Foster relationships with internal partners to build influence, manage external vendor relationships, and lead specific work-streams
- Tell the story - Communicate findings in a compelling way.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years proven experience in a related field (e.g. marketing/sales, market research, business analytics, strategic planning, new product development, etc.)
- Experience in project management
- Experience in quantitative, qualitative research and statistical techniques
- Expertise in use of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) or Sheets and presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote
- Ability to partner and work well with multiple levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail while keeping business goals in mind
- Comfortable sharing a point of view and advocating for consumers
- Expertise with statistical & database software (such as SPSS, SAS, Python, R, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent - relevant areas include Behavioral Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, Business Economics, Cognitive Science, Neuropsychology, etc.
The hiring range for this position in California is $102,000.00-$136,700.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.