At WestLand, we are each driven by our own purposes and aspirations. We are encouraged to develop our own unique skills while also growing our business. For some, it's envisioning the lives of tribal ancestors as told by the artifacts uncovered on their lands. For others, there's no greater meaning than being in the field collecting data on flora or fauna. For our engineers and architects, it may be the pride in seeing a design come to life or solving a complex problem while navigating the complexities of environmental and permitting requirements. What unites us all, however, is our commitment to our clients and to each other.
WestLand is large enough to provide a wide range of opportunities for career growth yet nimble enough for you to forge your own unique business and professional path. We pride ourselves on an inclusive environment where talented and creative individuals work together on unique and inspiring projects, bringing innovative solutions to our clients. Make a difference with us at WestLand!
WestLand is Looking to add a full-time Project Manager to our growing Cultural Resources team in Arizona. This position may be based out of our Tucson or Phoenix offices. In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of project management from proposal to close-out. In addition, you will play a significant role in helping to develop and mentor our cultural teams. You will also have an opportunity to further build our market share by fostering relationships with current and future clients.
What will I be doing?
- Creating and developing proposals including establishing budgets, schedules, and applicable resources.
- Facilitating and/or coordinating communication and deliverables between WestLand, our subcontractors, and our vendors with our clients.
- Coordinating resources and projects with other WestLand departments (especially on multi-disciplinary projects).
- Managing and coordinating archaeological field work (field survey, testing, monitoring, and data recovery excavations).
- Building relationships with current and future clients and vendors.
- Overseeing the processing and cataloging of artifacts and other materials to lab specifications.
- Leading and mentoring teams of cultural resources professionals.
What qualifications are required for this role?
- A master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field. A Bachelor's degree AND additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a Masters degree.
- At least four years of CRM supervisory experience in the American Southwest.
- Must be an expert in local, state, and federal cultural resources laws and regulations.
- Experienced in managing large cultural resources survey and data recovery projects.
- Experienced in writing and reviewing technical archaeological reports.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $119,000 annulaly.
What does WestLand offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes 9 holidays, healthcare benefits, PTO, and 401k matching for full time employees. Flexible work schedules and remote/hybrid possibilities are available for most roles.
- A multidisciplinary environment where projects are unique, creative, and challenging! A place where you can develop your own vision of clientele and projects, and where you get to work with our industry leaders daily!
- An environment where you are set up for success! With two-way mentorship, financial incentives to publish your work, and tuition reimbursement for ongoing educational support, we have you covered! In addition, WestLand has developed a career-path structure to assist you in reaching those next steps in your career!
- A collaborative work environment where information and ideas are shared across teams. Communication is clear and comes often. And our diversity of people and cultures means everyone always feels welcome at WestLand!
WestLand is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply, visit WestLand Resources Job Listings
Resumes submitted by a recruiting/staffing agency without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of WestLand. Any recruiting/staffing agency wishing to do business with WestLand must contact the Human Resources Department through our website. Recruiting/staffing agents may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.