About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding its team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
The Half Moon Bay, California Office of SWCA Environmental Consultants has multiple openings for temporary, as-needed, Archaeological Field Technicians (HR Title: Cultural Resources Technician) to work on projects in the San Francisco Bay Area. The applicant should have experience in archaeological survey and monitoring and be familiar with California archaeology.
What you will accomplish
Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, field notes, and data recovery. Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field.
- Two (2) years of field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required
- An accredited Field School Certification.
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring.
- Knowledge of ArcPad or TerraSync is a plus.
- Current valid driver's license.
- Ability to pass a Motor Vehicle background screening.
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges on all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Half Moon Bay, California office - based position can expect a salary of $22.50/hr - $29.70/hr. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA's Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.