PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play - it's also the Best Place to Work. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior User Researcher
San Diego, CA
Are you a User Researcher with a passion for games? Are you a baseball fan? Would you enjoy supporting the development efforts of games used by passionate loyalists around the world? Does a career opportunity influencing the most successful gaming platform of all time interest you?
San Diego Studio is seeking a Senior User Researcher for a cross-disciplinary team primarily supporting MLB The Show development pre and post release. Here, you will carry out research using a variety of methods, analyze data to understand user needs and behavior, and communicate insights to a variety of stakeholders to drive product improvement.Responsibilities
- Develop long-term strategic research plans and execute high-quality research and reporting for the end-to-end lifecycle of at least 1-2 game areas.
- Effectively communicate research results to development teams, driving tangible improvements at the feature and product level, and impacting high-level strategic direction.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with development teams, understanding their needs and goals.
- Employ a variety of research methods, including, but not limited to: usability testing, appeal testing, playtests, surveys, diary studies, exploratory research, and field studies.
- Leverage additional data, such as telemetry and market data, when available, to provide a holistic view of the user experience.
- Offer design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with development teams to assist in the design process.
- Supervise and mentor junior researchers in service of both driving research results and developing their skills.
- Proactively and strategically enhance the research team's processes and techniques to improve research quality.
- Lead by example in embodying team values and upholding a healthy team culture.
- BA/BS in human factors, psychology, anthropology, cognitive science or related field
- 5+ years experience conducting user experience research, leveraging a mixed methods approach
- Experience conducting user research on console and/or mobile games
- Strong background in both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills
- An interest in games, gamers and gaming
- Flexible schedule, willingness to work evenings and weekends (although rare)
- Low-drama approach to work, openness to learning new research approaches
- Advanced degree in human factors, psychology, anthropology, cognitive science or related field
- In-depth knowledge and passion for baseball
- Experience conducting user research at all stages of the development process
- Experience running brainstorming exercises and workshops
#LI-LF1 Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role's base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE's top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here
to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.$122,200-$183,300 USDEqual Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.