Cultural Resource Specialist
Pearl Harbor, HI Join our Talent Network
Cultural Resource Specialist
Pearl Harbor, HI Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega. Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Cultural Resource Specialist shall provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Environmental Planning Division.
Work you'll do
- Assist Navy personnel with matters affecting cultural and historic resources including archaeological resources, cultural and historic artifacts, and historic structures at Navy, Marine Corps, and other DoD installations within the NAVFAC PAC Area of Responsibility.
- The cultural resources contractor should have experience in archaeology, historic architecture, or historic preservation with a degree in anthropology, history, or a related field.
- Provide support that may include archaeological, cultural, and historic surveys and fieldwork, preparation of technical documents and studies, and review of draft documents and studies for the following cultural resource program areas, Integrated Cultural Resources Management Plans (ICRMPs) as required by the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP).
- Assist in the coordination of consultations under Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act with consulting parties including state and federal agencies and offices, Native Hawaiian organizations, Tribes, and other consulting parties, including the preparation of Section 106 consultation letters, cultural resources assessments, and supporting studies and analyses.
- Provide support for preparing and reviewing sections of environmental planning documents that involve cultural and historic resources, including Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, Categorical Exclusions, and overseas Environmental Reports.
- Perform field surveys, inspections, and/or monitoring of construction activities.
- Evaluate cultural resources for inclusion in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Review project designs and specifications to identify issues affecting cultural and historic resources.
- Recommend possible compliance measures that the Navy may elect to implement to mitigate adverse effects.
- Assist in monitoring programs and surveys at installations in the NAVFAC PAC Area of Responsibility.
- Assist with administrative tasks, including cataloging and records retention of documents and studies, filing and organization, and routine program updates to the chain of command.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in history, historic preservation, anthropology, or a related field is required.
- 4+ years of related experience
- Experience working with cultural and historic resources in the Pacific region and/or military history is desired.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in cultural resources management, including archaeology and/or historic buildings.
- Working knowledge of Section 106 consultation processes.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.comGlassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htmLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/#Chronos Operations, LLCChenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNative preference under PL 93-638.We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Join our Talent Network