, we are each driven by our own purposes and aspirations. We are encouraged to develop our own unique skills while also growing our business. For some, it's envisioning the lives of tribal ancestors as told by the artifacts uncovered on their lands. For others, there's no greater meaning than being in the field collecting data on flora or fauna. For our engineers and architects, it may be the pride in seeing a design come to life or solving a complex problem while navigating the complexities of environmental and permitting requirements. What unites us all, however, is our commitment to our clients and to each other.
Westland is large enough to provide a wide range of opportunities for career growth yet nimble enough for you to forge your own unique business and professional path. We pride ourselves on an inclusive environment where talented and creative individuals work together on unique and inspiring projects, bringing innovative solutions to our clients. Make a difference with us at WestLand!
WestLand is seeking full-time Archaeology Field Directors
for our growing Arizona team. Our crews can be found working throughout the Southwest on CRM projects for private and public sector clients. For out-of-town work that includes overnight, or longer duration stays, per diem and single-occupancy hotel rooms are provided. The successful candidates can be based out of either WestLand's Phoenix
What will I be doing?
- Leading and coordinating archaeological field work (field survey, testing, monitoring, and data recovery excavations).
- Supervising field crews in their effort to record artifacts, features and other manifestations using Trimble GIS, map archaeological features and sites, draw scaled profiles and plans, and maintain paperwork, notes, and records.
- Processing and cataloging artifacts and other materials to lab specifications.
- Filing and scanning records and paperwork.
- Completing record searches and writing technical reports.
What qualifications are required for this role?
- A Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field. A Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field AND additional years of experience may substitute a Master's degree.
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience in the American Southwest
- Previous experience writing technical archaeological reports.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a desert environment featuring extreme temperatures, rough terrain, and potential high altitudes.
- Ability to travel out of town for work throughout the Southwest, often on short notice and for extended periods (paid drive time, per diem and hotel provided).
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
What does WestLand offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes 9 vacation days, healthcare benefits, PTO, and 401k matching for full time employees. Flexible work schedules and remote/hybrid possibilities are available for most roles.
- A multidisciplinary environment where projects are unique, creative, and challenging! A place where you can develop your own vision of clientele and projects, and where you get to work with our industry leaders daily!
- An environment where you are set up for success! With two-way mentorship, financial incentives to publish your work, and tuition reimbursement for ongoing educational support, we have you covered! In addition, WestLand has developed a career-path structure to assist you in reaching those next steps in your career!
- A collaborative work environment where information and ideas are shared across teams. Communication is clear and comes often. And our diversity of people and cultures means everyone always feels welcome at WestLand!
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand, visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
To apply, visit Westland Jobs
Resumes submitted by a recruiting/staffing agency without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of WestLand. Any recruiting/staffing agency wishing to do business with WestLand must contact the Human Resources Department through our website. Recruiting/staffing agents may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration. Job Posted by ApplicantPro