The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This job announcement is not an offer of employment. This requisition has been established to collect a robust candidate pool for part-time positions that may become available within the designated discipline at CSN. If a part-time position becomes available within the discipline, the hiring department will review the application material of the candidates who have applied and will invite select candidates to interview based on their qualifications. Should a candidate be selected for a part-time instructor position, no minimum course load is guaranteed and teaching assignments, if any, are contingent upon various factors, including but not limited to, minimum student enrollment and/or department need. No reimbursement for travel expenses will be provided to local or out-of-area/out-of-state candidates and there is no guarantee of continued or future part-time and/or full-time employment.
Applications will be considered on an as-needed basis determined by course availability. All courses will be at one of our three main campuses - North Las Vegas, West Charleston, and/or Henderson. Online courses are not available. Class assignments will be during the day.
- Responsibilities include teaching live, on-campus courses in the Anthropology curriculum in support of the Anthropology Associate of Arts Degree and General Education requirements for other degree programs.
- Courses will consist mostly of introductory level (ANTH 101) courses, although others may be available based on departmental needs.
- Multi-campus teaching may be required to meet departmental needs.
- Maintain records, submit grades, and communicate with department and college personnel using established college/department protocol.
- Develop syllabi and course materials in accordance with college policy.
- Teach the course objectives and fully utilize the department-selected textbook.
- Evaluate student mastery of skills and competencies required by course outcomes.
- Provide students with syllabi that meet college, department, and program requirements.
- Effectively evaluate student performance while meeting assessment guidelines.
- Communicate with students in a timely manner.
- Complete Assessment assignments.
An earned master's degree in Anthropology or related disciplines from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching College Anthropology or related courses.
- Experience with CANVAS or other learning management systems.
- Skills in the use and operation of basic computer software.
This position will be paid $925.00 per credit hour. Credits will vary by semester.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- A Cover Letter
- Resume /CV
- Contact information for three references.
- Unofficial College Transcripts
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.