Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. At UT Southwestern, we invest in you with opportunities for career growth and development that align with your future goals and help to provide security for you and your family. Our highly competitive benefits package offers healthcare, PTO and paid holidays, on-site childcare, wage, merit increases and so much more that are all available on the day you start work. UT Southwestern is honored to be a Veteran Friendly work environment that is home to approximately 800 veterans. We value your integrity, dedication, and the commitment you’ve made to our country. We’re proud to support your next mission. Ranked by Forbes as one of the Top 10 National Employers, we invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is hiring for Population Science Project Manager, Qualitative Research, O’Donnell School of Public Health
UT Southwestern Medical Center is hiring for Populations Research Project Manager, Qualitative Research, Peter O’Donnell Jr. School of Public Health We seek a candidate with qualitative methodological expertise to manage activities associated with large, complex research projects management to include: staffing, supervision of personnel, and grant expenditure adherence. We are a highly collegial group of faculty investigators, physician scientists, and professional research staff conducting interdisciplinary team science, emphasizing mixed methods intervention studies with underserved communities across the health care continuum, in multiple disease conditions, with an explicit interest in health disparities science. The position is research grant-funded, will execute primarily peer-reviewed protocols, conduct qualitative data collection and analysis, and may include writing for health science journal publications
Experience and Education
- Master’s degree in related field and six (6) years experience in behavioral, social science or public health
- Bachelors degree in related field and eight (8) years experience in behavioral, social science or public health.
- Prefer PhD in related field and experience in behavioral, social science or public health
- Prefer bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
- Manage activities associated with large, complex research projects management to include: grant expenditure adherence, staffing, supervision of personnel, project evaluation, timeline adherence and control of equipment and supplies.
- Provide guidance to on-going research studies and training to Population Science Project Coordinators and staff. Maintain collaborative relationships between different departments, universities and community partners.
- Edit grant proposals and write or provide writing support; provide comprehensive editorial review; advise investigators on proposal content and organization; assist with updates and maintenance of institutional resource template materials; create complex budget proposals and justifications and staffing proposals.
- Participate in selection process of research staff including: recruitment and hiring processes of project staff, screening and interviewing interested candidates, proposing salary compensation, coordinating the completion of relevant documentation for new hires and arranging for employee needs once hired (office space, electronic and communication equipment.
- Evaluate staff performance and implement measures necessary to maintain quality performance and results.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Language-competent interactions with Spanish-speaking patients and community members; conversational fluency and research experience in Spanish is strongly preferred
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.
To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion