Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
Tetra Tech's Salt Lake City office is seeking Full time, benefitted, Senior Archaeologist Technicians to join our high-performing team to assist in our continued provision of top-of-the-line client services. Tetra Tech provides diverse opportunities for training and advancement while working on interesting projects in multiple market segments across the Intermountain West. We are currently evaluating all applications and encourage candidates to apply regardless of how many qualifications are met as we are willing to train the right candidate.
The position will require frequent project travel that will range in duration from eight-day on/six-days off sessions to shorter time periods and day trips depending on project location and scale. For overnight travel, crew members will receive per diem based on current GSA rates for the area and paid single occupancy hotel. Potential projects include, but is not limited to field inventory, monitoring, evaluative testing, visual resource assessment, and site mitigation for the prehistoric and historic cultural resources common in the Intermountain West region.
Responsibilities will include a wide range of activities including, but not limited to,
- Project health and safety compliance.
- Remote/Office-based hybrid work including completing file searches, field preparation, resource form completions, and assisting with technical reporting.
- Field work will include conduct pedestrian inventory, site recording, evaluative testing, NRHP evaluations, and construction monitoring.
- Bachelor's degree in Archeology and/or Anthropology is required.
- Candidate must have attended an archaeological field school with a focus on North American archaeology being a plus.
- At least 1 year of experience working in cultural resource management required.
- Ability to travel and perform field work (approx. 75% or more of travel required).
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to walk over open / rugged terrain outdoors regardless of weather conditions.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
- Familiarity with Trimble and/or related GPS systems.
- ESRI GIS Software experience a plus.
- A Pre-employment drug screening in compliance with state regulations is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
About Tetra Tech:
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech offers the following optional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long & Short-Term Disability, Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending. Financial Benefits: Group Term Life, Optional Group Term Life Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, Health Savings Account, 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Time Off with Pay, Employee Assistance Program, Adoption Assistance, Leaves of Absence.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.