The Department of Anthropology seeks a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills to fill the position of Graduate Program Administrator in a collaborative, growing department that values diversity and inclusion, attention to detail, and creative initiative. The department typically has around 50 graduate students between our two degree programs: the Ph.D. in Anthropology (with three distinct tracks in Sociocultural Anthropology, Biological Anthropology, and Archaeology) and the Master of Arts in Public Anthropology (MAPA). The Graduate Program Administrator will provide primary management, communication, and administration for the graduate programs in the Anthropology Department, while working closely with the Director of Graduate Studies, Department Administrator, and Faculty Committees.
- facilitating the admissions process;
- tracking student progress toward degree completion;
- processing graduate student payroll and financial aid awards timely and accurately;
- developing and implementing alumni outreach initiatives;
- organizing graduate student professionalization workshops;
- and coordinating the graduate seminar series; maintaining graduate student webpages.
The Department of Anthropology provides students the skills to navigate a rapidly changing world, marked by globalization and political turmoil. Faculty engage in teaching and research that addresses these global transformations and creates bridges between different worldviews, stressing the importance of human diversity and of transnational connections. The Graduate Program Administrator will strive toward continuous improvement of departmental processes in order to provide excellent support for our graduate student population and support our commitment to ensuring the Anthropology Department maintains an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment where everyone can thrive.
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3 years of related experience
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, graduates, faculty, staff, and guests
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, natural or protective hairstyle, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.