Salary Range: $13.65-$21.26 hourly
Hiring Range: $16.75 - $21.26 hourly
The Exhibits Assistant is a part-time position working primarily at the Greeley History Museum. Scheduling and duties will vary as needed to accomplish current projects. The aide's primary function is to assist with the research, design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance of exhibitions and visitor experiences at each of the museums' four sites. This includes content creation for and maintenance of virtual experiences. The aide will be expected to plan and lead small projects independently. This position reports to the Curator of Exhibits.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Associates or undergraduate degree in history, anthropology, or related field preferred
- (1+) year of related experience working in museums or archives preferred
- High degree of comfort with computers, cameras, and other technology
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite preferred
- Knowledge of basic research techniques
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, policies, and procedures
Duties could include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and leading a small group of people through the exhibit-creation process
- Conducting historical research using the museum's collections
- Writing text for use in exhibitions
- Capturing and editing photographs, videos, and audio clips for use in exhibitions
- Creating exhibit graphics
- Assisting with the creation of virtual experiences and programs
- Additional duties may include training student workers and volunteers, assisting with the production and installation of exhibit materials, repairing gallery walls, painting, and other gallery maintenance.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- May be required to climb ladders, move, bend, twist, and stoop in performance of job duties
- Frequent use of computers, printers, and other office equipment
- Moderate use of hand and power tools
- Vision enough to preform job duties
- Hearing and speech enough to effectively communicate with staff members
EOE Statement: The City of Greeley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ADA Statement: We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: HR@Greeleygov.com .
Conditions of Employment: Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings and employment eligibility verification. Pre-employment screenings include a drug test, a background and national sex offender search, a motor vehicle record search, and for some positions, a physical demands evaluation. For more information about City policies and practices during the recruitment process, including but not limited to EOE, Reasonable Accommodation, and pre-employment screenings, please visit our career page HERE.