Salary Range: $13.65 - $21.26 hourly
Hiring Range: $16.75 - $21.26 hourly
Job Summary: The Assistant Registrar is under the supervision of the Museums' Registrar. The Assistant Registrar is to provide service to the public, museum staff, and City of Greeley department staff regarding potential donations, loans, temporary custody, and deaccessions. Position offers on the job training along with opportunities through local and/or national museum associations.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Associates or undergraduate degree in history, anthropology, or related field preferred
- One+ (1+) year of related experience working in museums or archives preferred
- General working knowledge of archival and museum best practices
- Familiarity with and ability to use technical equipment such as computers, scanners, digital camera, and copier
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required, preference will be given to those with knowledge of PastPerfect museum software
- Ability to research, extrapolate, and produce a summary report of research findings
- Good communication skills including reading, writing, listening and speaking the English language
- Provide excellent customer service to all potential donors, lenders, and Museums staff
- Assist with all aspects of Registrar's office work in close collaboration with the Museums Registrar as follows:
- Process loans, including the creation of incoming, outgoing, and periodic condition reports
- Research acquisition offers and prepare agendas for Acquisitions Committee consideration
- Assist in processing accepted Temporary Custody and With Donor collections; work with potential donors to finalize accepted/declined items for collections
- Process and file paperwork and update catalog records for deaccession finalization
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions, different work methods, and changes in priorities
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers and the general public
- Work independently as well as with others
- Direct the work of volunteers and assist in guiding interns and work study students
- Assist co-workers when needed and assist at other museum sites/programs as requested
- Follow the written policies of the City of Greeley and the Greeley Museums
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Primarily of a sedentary office nature
- Requires ability to perform multiple tasks at one time with frequent interruptions
- Frequent contact with employees and the public
- Field inspection of collection storage areas
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds unassisted
- Climb steps and ladders
- Occasionally may be required to work outdoors for events and to check on facilities
- Vision enough to perform above functions and read printed instructions
EOE Statement: The City of Greeley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ADA Statement: We are committed to an inclusive and barrier-free search process. We provide accommodations for applicants requesting accommodation through the search process such as alternative formats of this posting. Individuals with disabilities in need of accommodations throughout the search process should contact the ADA Coordinator at: HR@Greeleygov.com .
Conditions of Employment: Candidates must successfully complete all pre-employment screenings and employment eligibility verification. Pre-employment screenings include a drug test, a background and national sex offender search, a motor vehicle record search, and for some positions, a physical demands evaluation. For more information about City policies and practices during the recruitment process, including but not limited to EOE, Reasonable Accommodation, and pre-employment screenings, please visit our career page HERE.