Registrations & Collections Paid-Internship
The Registration Department creates and maintains the official records for all of the objects in the LACMA collections or on loan to the museum. The internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn about projects related to documenting the permanent collection, inventorying and cataloguing objects, incoming and outgoing loans and exhibitions. The intern will be exposed to all areas of registration.
- This is a paid internship (10 - 16 hours per week or less) at $16.78 per hour
- Anticipated Internship period: January 16, 2024 - May 15, 2024
- The internship is at LACMA's main campus with possibility of partial remote work.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of an accredited undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate program from the following majors: museum studies, art history, art, anthropology, archaeology, history, and library science.
- LACMA's definition of 'recently graduated': within 1 year after graduation
- If you need to meet certain criteria to obtain academic credit, please include them in the cover letter to verify if the LACMA internship can meet the requirements
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
The deadline to apply is 11/15/2023