, we are each driven by our own purposes and aspirations. We are encouraged to develop our own unique skills while also growing our business. For some, it's envisioning the lives of tribal ancestors as told by the artifacts uncovered on their lands. For others, there's no greater meaning than being in the field collecting data on flora or fauna. For our engineers and architects, it may be the pride in seeing a design come to life or solving a complex problem while navigating the complexities of environmental and permitting requirements. What unites us all, however, is our commitment to our clients and to each other.
WestLand is large enough to provide a wide range of opportunities for career growth yet nimble enough for you to forge your own unique business and professional path. We pride ourselves on an inclusive environment where talented and creative individuals work together on unique and inspiring projects, bringing innovative solutions to our clients. Make a difference with us at WestLand!
WestLand is adding an Assistant Department Director, Cultural Resources Southwest
to our Southwest team! This position can be based out of our Phoenix or Tucson locations and will provide leadership and support to our Project Managers as well as help generate new clients for WestLand. Our Southwestern Cultural Resources consulting practice specializes in prehistoric cultures, Arizona historical archaeology and archival research, cultural-landscape studies, artifact analysis, archaeomagnetic dating, and historic preservation. The group is involved in a wide range of projects from small desktop reviews to large multi-site data recovery efforts. Additionally, in 2018 WestLand added a Tribal Monitoring program to the cultural resources department and has established relationships with many of the Tribal Nations across the southwest and acts as a facilitator to get tribal consultation started early in project development.
What will I be doing?
- Serving as a Project Manager and/or Principal Investigator on a variety of interesting and complex cultural resources projects for our public and private clients.
- Collaborate with a large, skilled group of archaeologists, historic preservation professionals, and support staff to deliver high quality solutions to our client's needs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members through performance management including conducting performance reviews, identifying appropriate training, and implementing corrective action plans.
- Help identify staffing needs and assist with new employee evaluation and hiring processes.
- Recommend, develop, and schedule staff training programs.
- Develop and manage project scopes, schedule, and budget in alignment with contract terms and conditions.
- Provide support to Cultural Resources Project Managers in developing and managing their projects.
- Develop and/or review technical products to insure they are accurate and of exemplary quality.
- Set business development goals and provide recommendations on go/no-go assessments.
- Assist in growing department revenue through business development and process efficiency.
What qualifications are required for this role?
- Master's degree in Anthropology or related field. A bachelor's degree with additional experience may be considered.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience working in Cultural Resources Management.
- Five (5) or more years working in a supervisory or leadership capacity in the American Southwest.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a diverse team of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business relationships and generate new clients.
- Expertise in applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Expertise in managing multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Experience working within a consulting environment preferred.
What does WestLand offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes 9 holidays, healthcare benefits, PTO, and 401k matching for full time employees. Flexible work schedules and remote/hybrid possibilities are available for most roles.
- A multidisciplinary environment where projects are unique, creative, and challenging! A place where you can develop your own vision of clientele and projects, and where you get to work with our industry leaders daily!
- An environment where you are set up for success! With two-way mentorship, financial incentives to publish your work, and tuition reimbursement for ongoing educational support, we have you covered! In addition, WestLand has developed a career-path structure to assist you in reaching those next steps in your career!
- A collaborative work environment where information and ideas are shared across teams. Communication is clear and comes often. And our diversity of people and cultures means everyone always feels welcome at WestLand!
is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand, visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
To apply, visit WestLand Jobs
Resumes submitted by a recruiting/staffing agency without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of WestLand. Any recruiting/staffing agency wishing to do business with WestLand must contact the Human Resources Department through our website. Recruiting/staffing agents may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from Job Posted by ApplicantPro