We are the Environment & Planning Division of ICF. We provide expertise in environmental compliance for the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), and other special purpose environmental regulations. We prepare Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and Environmental Assessments (EAs) for complex and often controversial projects nationwide and abroad, including energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and regulatory programs. We manage environmental review processes that include consultation with regulatory agencies; public involvement; analysis of topics such as air quality, climate, noise, cultural and historic resources, socioeconomics, environmental justice, and other impacts. Our clients include numerous federal and state agencies and private companies. Our staff work on the most current and important issues facing the nation including renewable energy development; disaster recovery; and management of land use, water, transportation, and other resources.
A 2024 Summer Intern, Cultural Resource Management Archeologist supports project teams and works on multiple projects, interacts with all levels of staff, and will apply their academic and any past work experience to a wide variety of complex projects. You will support senior staff and assist with and completing project tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services.
This is a full-time, 10-week internship that is expected to begin in early June 2024. The work will be hybrid from either our Austin or San Antonio, TX office. At this time, we are unable to provide relocation nor housing assistance for this position.
Training Offered for the Following Responsibilities:
- Archeological field surveys
- Controlled excavation
- Archeological Monitoring
- Records curation
- Background research/archival work
- Technical report writing
- Mapping (GIS/GPS applications)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in anthropology, geology, environmental science, or related subjects
- Candidates should be located in Central Texas (June 3 - August 9, 2024)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,) and any project specific software programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to succeed with new and challenging tasks
- Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines
- Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project
- Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
- Capability to walk long distances over unfamiliar terrain and to carry out physically tasking work outdoors
- Openness to occasional out of town travel
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to learn at a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$36,113.00 - $61,392.00
Austin, TX (TX18)