Archaeologist - ( 230000KS )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking motivated and detail-oriented Archaeologists with a background in archaeology or historic resources to assist with management and processing environmental clearance reviews for a variety of infrastructure operation and maintenance (O&M) and capital improvement projects. Ideal candidates will possess relevant technical experience and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Successful applicants will be able to work remotely on desktop assignments when not in the field.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Stantec staff, subconsultants, and client staff as needed to complete work assignments according to standard workflow processes.
- Synthesize data from multiple sources, use professional judgement in providing recommendations and conclusions supported by data.
- Communicate regularly with the Project Manager to ensure that work timetables are being met.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective, safe, and efficient manner.
- Maintains Stantec's high standard of quality control and quality assurance. Identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and task scheduling skills
- Ability to work on a variety of information management platforms and tools upon receiving training
- Familiarity with utilities O&M work and coordinating with construction personnel is preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional site visits as needed
- An affinity for working in a multidisciplinary team of engineers, planners, scientists, and Subject Matter Experts with the ability to work independently, dependably, and efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and technical writing
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver's License.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in environmental science or management, anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required
- A minimum of one year of experience on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies in California
- Experience with ARC GIS Online environmental resources desktop reviews a plus
- Experience providing QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports preferred
- Experience working in an organization with a strong safety culture and the commitment to embrace Stantec's safety culture and values
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $25.91 per hour - $37.60 per hour (CA, CO, WA locations only)
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and paid family leave. Regular full-time and part-time employees will receive ten paid holidays in each calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local law).
Temporary/casual employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state and local law.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : United States-California-Pasadena
Other Locations : United States-California-Bakersfield, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-Ventura, United States-California-Santa Barbara, United States-California-Irvine, United States-California-Thousand Oaks
Work Locations :
Denver 17th St CO
Organization : BC-1858 EnvSvcs-US West S California
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 28, 2023, 12:52:46 PM
Req ID: 230000KS
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans