Anthropology Instructor, (Temporary, Part-Time Pool) - AMENDED
Faculty (Credit Program)
Salary (Applicant View):
Rate is set in accordance with the City College of San Francisco Faculty Salary Schedule for hourly assignments. Currently the rate upon entry is from $85.23 to $93.01 per hour depending upon placement.
TEMPORARY, PART-TIME POOL
Faculty - Part-Time Pool
Full Time/Part Time:
Anthropology Instructor (Part-time Pool). Teach courses offered in Anthropology (https://www.ccsf.edu/academics/ccsf-catalog/courses-by-department/anthropology).
1. Teach day, evening, and weekend classes in person at one or more sites as required and/or online classes.
2. Evaluate and report student learning outcomes and grades each semester.
3. Provide ongoing and consistent feedback to students on their progress, areas for improvement, and strengths.
4. Participate in the development and furthering of department and college goals.
5. Supports and engages in an innovative culture of culturally responsive, inclusive and anti-racist practices as it relates to student success with an awareness of student equity gaps.
6. Participates in ongoing training on diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism to center pedagogy.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with community college students with disabilities, various sexual orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds (Required).
2. Earned Master's Degree in Anthropology or Archaeology from an accredited institution; OR THE EQUIVALENT;
Earned Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology or Archaeology from an accredited institution AND earned Master's Degree in Sociology, Biological Sciences, Forensic Sciences, Genetics, or Paleontology from an accredited institution; OR THE EQUIVALENT;ORHold a fully-satisfied LIFE California Community College Instructor Credential in Anthropology (California credentials were no longer issued after July 1, 1990).
[The degree major(s) posted on an applicant's transcript(s) must be exactly as listed above under the degree requirements. Otherwise applicant must claim education equivalency for the formal educational requirement. Applicants who are currently enrolled in Ph.D. programs that do not award a master's degree also need to claim education equivalency. The "Faculty Equivalency Application Form" is available on the left side margin. This form will be considered as part of the application materials and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated on this job posting.
[If you have previously gone through the education equivalency for this same subject area from City College of San Francisco OR you have obtained the clarification of your "major" from the department chair/dean of the institution you attended in order to meet the minimum qualification for this job posting, you must submit a copy of the information. When attaching this document, please use the "Equivalency Application Form" link.]
1. Community college teaching experience in Anthropology for 2 or more years.
2. College-level experience teaching in the four subfields of Anthropology (biological, cultural, archaeology and linguistic).
3. Collegiate online and classroom (in person) teaching experience.
4. Discipline-related professional work experience in addition to classroom teaching (such as research, publications, fieldwork, and or public education).
5. Additional training incorporating diversity, anti-racism, and/or cultural humility in educational settings.
6. Evidence of successful instruction and leadership experience at the university or college level using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes for all students.
7. Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of inequities in higher education and a commitment to rectifying policies and processes that restrict access for historically minoritized and disproportionately impacted students.
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online Faculty Position Application Form at http://jobs.ccsf.edu. To be considered a candidate for this posting, the following materials must be submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or before 11:59 p.m. of the posting filing deadline. Substitution of required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to the Department Chair. Human Resources Department is not responsible for any documents addressed and/or sent to the Department Chair.
1. A detailed letter expressing interest in the position, indicating specifically how the minimum qualifications and as many as possible of the desirable qualifications will be fulfilled. Minimum and desirable qualifications are listed in this posting. The letter should also address the applicant's background and skills in the areas stated in the Examples of Duties.
2. A current resume summarizing educational background, teaching experience, and related work experience.
3. A City College of San Francisco Electronic Faculty Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific posting online. The statement "See Resume" is not acceptable.
4. Three (3) current telephone references within one year of date of application. The list of reference must include current supervisors/employers, colleagues or other professionals who have knowledge of the responsibilities/duties specific to this type of position.
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed on applicant's CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and actual verification of work experience will be required at a later date. [NOTE: Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be considered in the application process. Foreign degree(s) must be evaluated before an application can be processed. Foreign Degree Evaluation sources information is located on the left side margin.]
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest, submit a concise response using only one page to discuss how your course content and teaching methods meet the needs of culturally and academically diverse learners. List classes or professional development activities you have participated in that directly relate to working with diverse student populations. (Note: Substitution of "diversity statement" with a "teaching philosophy" document will be automatically disqualified.)
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all application materials are complete when submitted and are received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the posting filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. All application materials become the property of the City College of San Francisco and will not be returned. Application files for this posting will not be considered for other postings.
For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may be required.
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment:
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for a personal interview with the Search Committee.
City College of San Francisco requires that new and current employees participate in the Covid Safety Campaign. All employees must demonstrate proof of Covid vaccination. New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human Resources Department.
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time without prior notice.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS/HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contact the Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled:
Rebecca Ancheta, Department Chair
Special Instructions to Applicant:
AMENDED to reflect updated bold language in Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment.
AMENDED TO REFLECT UPDATED CONTACT INFORMATION FOR TITLE 5/EEO/ADA IN THE ADA & EEO STATEMENT SECTIONS & SCREENING TIMELINE FROM MARCH 6, 2023 TO EARLY FALL SEMESTER 2023.
City College of San Francisco will accept applications with all required supporting documentation at any time until the job closing date. Screening and interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the department desires; a part-time hiring pool or pools will be developed and be in effect for a one-year period from which temporary appointments will be made on an as-needed basis.
The first round of screening and interview will commence AFTER THE BEGINNING OF THE FALL 2023 SEMESTER, for those who have submitted completed application materials.