We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for on-call, Part-Time Field Archaeologists for our Troy, NY office to assist with Phase I and II archaeological investigations. The following locations will also be considered: Glastonbury, CT and Morristown, NJ. Be involved in projects with our Heritage Resource Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
- Assist with field projects during all phases of archaeological testing (primarily Phase I and II) by performing pedestrian reconnaissance, shovel tests, test unit excavation supervised by a Field Director.
- Document findings through detailed note taking including Munsell soil descriptions and completing field forms.
- Assist in prehistoric and historic artifact identification and document archaeological deposits.
- Work as part of a team.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Who You Are
- Archaeological field school.
- 0-2 years experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, physically able to conduct all aspects of fieldwork in all weather conditions, and be able to follow instructions.
- Local to Troy, NY and surrounding region is preferred. Opportunities to work in other states is possible.
- This is an on-call, hourly position. Hourly rates are industry competitive ($18.00-$20.00/hour, based upon American CRM experience).
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety & drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Undergraduate degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic preservation, or related field.
- Single occupancy hotel rooms for duration of fieldwork and paid directly by WSP.
- Flat-rate meal reimbursement, unless otherwise noted for specific projects.
- Travel compensation provided.
- Transportation from hotel to work site provided, unless otherwise noted for specific projects.
- Opportunities for full-time employment and advancement.
- Benefits package includes vacation, sick leave, modified holiday pay, 401K plan.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.