Principal Consultant, Archaeologist (Mid-Senior Level) page is loaded Principal Consultant, Archaeologist (Mid-Senior Level) Apply locations Minneapolis, Minnesota time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago job requisition id R00020165 ERM
is seeking a Principal Consultant, Archaeologist
for an immediate opening to work throughout the United States. The candidate must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology, and should have demonstrated skills in CRM, including supervisory experience and report writing on Phase I, II and III projects. Working with a team of Archaeologist, the successful candidate will conduct Phase I, II, and III archaeological fieldwork and office-based activities, including documenting and evaluating archaeological sites for eligibility for listing in the National Register of Historic Places, and assessing project effects under the provisions of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act. This individual will also participate in project planning and logistics and prepare appropriate report sections detailing the survey findings and assessment of resources. Assignments will be field and office-based, with the expectation that up to 50 percent or more of the time will be in the field, especially during peak survey season. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional looking for new career challenges and to grow with a global environmental consulting and sustainability leader. This position will be full time with benefits.RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Archaeologist will support cultural resource projects within a variety of sectors such as power, renewables, oil, and gas. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Planning, developing, and performing archaeological fieldwork and serving as field director.
- Supervising field crews.
- Digging shovel tests, test units, and excavation blocks.
- Walking long distances in challenging conditions (e.g. weather, topography, environment).
- Preparing field notes, collecting the appropriate field data (including photographs), and submitting daily progress reports.
- Writing cultural resource reports with guidance from senior SMEs.
- Complying with corporate HSE.
Who We Are:
- M.A. or M.S. in archaeology, anthropology or related field.
- Meet Secretary of the Interior's Standards for professional qualifications in Archaeology.
- 8+ years of experience in Phase I, Phase II, and/or Phase III archaeological fieldwork.
- Knowledge of prehistoric and historic artifacts assemblages.
- Strong writing skills and proven experience in writing archaeological reports, and attention to detail with QA/QC skills.
- Experience with, Excel, Survey 123, and Collector; familiarity with ArcMap or AGOL is a plus.
- Experience as a crew chief or field director leading and guiding junior team members.
- Basic knowledge of archaeological survey needs for federal and state agencies such as, USACE, NPS, FERC, or FCC.
- Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and on varied terrain, sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work weekends and over 40 hours per week, when needed.
- Comfortable with talking to members of the public.
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently and take initiative to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to work in challenging environmental conditions.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Detail oriented.
- Periodic drug and alcohol testing required.
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Similar Jobs (5) Senior Consultant, Bat Biologist (Mid - Level) locations 14 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 17 Days Ago Principal Consultant, Biologist (Mid-Senior Level) locations 2 Locations time type Full time posted on Posted 30+ Days Ago About Us
ERM is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We work with the world's leading organizations, delivering innovative solutions and helping them to understand and manage their sustainability challenges. To do this, we have more than 5,500 people in over 40 countries and territories working out of more than 160 offices.
For nearly 50 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
"The business of sustainability" reflects what we do to support our clients as they strive to attain their business goals. Sustainability and business are now inextricably linked and as an expert in sustainability, we play a role in helping companies achieve their objectives with an understanding of how this impacts wider society and the environment. We intend to contribute even more to the global dialogue on sustainability and expect our work on sustainability challenges and opportunities to deliver growth in our business. Sustainability is our business. ERM Homepage