We are seeking motivated and detail-oriented Archaeologists with experience in archaeology or historic resources to assist with management and processing environmental clearance reviews for a variety of infrastructure operation and maintenance (O&M) and capital improvement projects. Ideal candidates will possess relevant technical experience and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Successful applicants will be able to work remotely on desktop assignments when not in the field.
- Coordinate with Stantec staff, subconsultants, and client staff as needed to complete work assignments according to standard workflow processes.
- Synthesize data from multiple sources, use professional judgement in providing recommendations and conclusions supported by data.
- Communicate regularly with the Project Manager to ensure that work timetables are being met.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective, safe, and efficient manner.
- Maintains Stantec's high standard of quality control and quality assurance. Identify and resolve problems in creative ways.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and task scheduling skills
- Ability to work on a variety of information management platforms and tools upon receiving training
- Familiarity with utilities O&M work and coordinating with construction personnel is preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional site visits as needed
- An affinity for working in a multidisciplinary team of engineers, planners, scientists, and Subject Matter Experts with the ability to work independently, dependably, and efficiently
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and technical writing
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver's License.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in environmental science or management, anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field is required
- A minimum of one year of experience on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies in California
- Experience with ARC GIS Online environmental resources desktop reviews a plus
- Experience providing QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports preferred
- Experience working in an organization with a strong safety culture and the commitment to embrace Stantec's safety culture and values
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
- Hiring diverse talent
- Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
- Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
- Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.