Job Description - The Project Archaeologist will manage all phases of archaeological investigations and site documentation, including feature and artifact identification and analyses; perform shovel test pits (STPs); test unit excavations, site descriptions; photographs; and mapping.
- Possess the technical knowledge to supervise archaeological field technicians and crew chiefs infield and office settings.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams in our power (strong focus on renewable energy),transportation, water, and industrial sectors in the Southeast region and nationally to help plan, staff, and execute major cultural resource management efforts
- Manage the production of professional quality reports for NRHP and NEPA compliance.
Required Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field
5 years or more experience with cultural resources projects, planning, and executing archeological investigations
Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures)
Good organizational skills, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks
Applicants will be required to submit both a writing sample and verifiable references.
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must
Physical Requirements -
- Must be able to record cultural resources in the field without any physical assistance (this could include hiking short distances in scrub and native vegetation).
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in person, by telephone and email.
- Must be able to effectively work in minimally supervised and/or unsupervised environments.
- Work hours other than 8 to 5 which may include weekends and/or night shifts
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Be able to operate a vehicle day or night
- Approximately 60% travel required.
Preferred Qualifications -
- Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field
- Have regional experience in KY/TN/MS/AL
- Pre-qualified, or can become pre-qualified, with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet as a Principal Investigator for Prehistoric and/or Historic sites, and/or as a Field Supervisor for all phases of archaeological investigations.
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- Minimum 1 year experience managing junior staff during fieldwork and report preparation
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.