Location: Remote - Must be located in Georgia or Surrounding States
Ready to make a difference?
ICF's Environment and Planning Division is seeking an Archaeologist to serve as an extension of staff to a major client. You will combine your technical skills with strong regulatory compliance expertise to develop project-level analysis for NEPA, GEPA, and Section 106. The Archaeologist will work closely with other archaeologists and architectural historians on project work, with opportunities to direct and mentor early career team members.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Maintain task schedules for assigned projects and provide status updates
- Evaluate resources for National Register of Historic Places, develop resource management recommendations, assess project effects on resources, and provide high level support to address complex management challenges that require technical or regulatory knowledge
- Provide technical expertise in archaeology, including technical approach development, self-directed analysis and documentation
- Participate in technical leadership on projects related to environmental compliance and cultural resource management, including maintaining task schedules, coordinating with consultants, reviewing technical reports, and coordinating with various local, state, and federal agencies and tribal governments
- Collaborate in an integrated team with engineers, scientists, planners, regulators, and other stakeholders
- Work with other cultural resources staff who provide technical support in field and office settings
What you must have (minimum qualifications):
- Master's degree in Anthropology/Archaeology or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in Archaeology
- Valid driver's license and pass a Motor Vehicles Records check
What we would like you to have (preferred skills):
- Command of NEPA , NHPA, ARPA, and GEPA
- Knowledgeable in the cultural resources of the Southeastern U.S.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and variety of GPS equipment
- 2+ years supervisory experience in archaeology fieldwork & report writing
- Prior Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) experience
- Familiarity with reading transportation engineering plans
Professional skills you will use:
- A desire to excel and passion for rewarding work on complex environmental challenges in a team environment
- Demonstrated capability to adhere to project schedules and effectively interface with client points of contact
- Orientation toward fulfilling client objectives
- Work effectively as part of a team in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging, and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$63,977.00 - $108,760.00
Georgia Remote Office (GA99)