Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
We are seeking a full-time, Principal Investigator of Archeology for our Bloomington, MN operations.
The selected candidate will lead archaeological fieldwork as part of a team or individually. This will include pedestrian surveys and shovel testing. Draft reports for conducted fieldwork, make eligibility determinations, and coordinate with state or federal agencies. Fieldwork will be in the Midwest, Upper Midwest, and Northern Great Plains.
The selected candidate will have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the Midwest, Upper Midwest, or Great Plains. You will also have / be:
- Completed fieldwork, reporting, and agency coordination with a State Historic Preservation Office(s) or Federal Agency(s) in the past 3 years.
- Able to draft technical reports within budget and schedule is required
- Familiarity with maps and being able to navigate with maps and/or GPS is required.
- Able to use ArcGIS or ArcPr is required.
- Able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team is required.
- Knowledge of Midwest and Great Plains Archaeology.
- An effective leader and a strong team player
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Excellent technical writer.
- Effective use of GIS
- This position requires you to drive on a regular basis. Passing a motor vehicle record background check and maintaining a valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Degree / Certifications
- MS or MA in archaeology or anthropology with focus on archaeology is required.
The work environment will consist office work and field work. Ideally, the position would be a 50/50 split of office and fieldwork, but this may vary based on season. Fieldwork may require overnight stays and may occur in all seasons. You must be able to:
- Walk up to 10-15 miles a day around project sites
- Physically able to carry equipment such as maps, shovels, screens, GPS unit, and cameras during field work.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions, both hot and cold.
- Work in remote locations and include areas of uneven terrain.
At Tetra Tech, we understand the importance of providing you with the resources and opportunities you need to be a successful member of our organization. One of the most important and valuable resources is your employee benefits package. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive package of benefit plans designed to offer you both choice and flexibility to secure the coverage that best meets your needs.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including any public health orders and regulations that are mandated by local, state, provincial, federal, and international authorities as well as client and project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.