Title: On-call Archaeological Field Technicians
Location: Southeastern United States
Ready to make difference?
We are the Environment & Planning Division ICF. We are passionate about doing what's right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence-these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow.
ICF seeks on-call Field Archaeologists to assist with survey and excavation field work throughout the Southeastern United States. The technicians will assist senior archaeologists and historians.
About On-Call Employment with ICF:
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as "On-Call" employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (as long as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
What you'll be doing:
- Phase I Archaeological Surveys for Infrastructure Projects throughout the Southeastern United States. Duties will include the excavation of shovel tests; recordation of data for each test on field forms; delineation of archaeological sites; recovery of artifacts; and other tasks associated with Phase I Survey
- Phase II Evaluative Testing for Potentially Eligible Archaeological Sites. Duties will include excavation of close interval shovel tests and formal excavation units; recordation of stratigraphic data
- Archaeological Monitoring for Construction
What you need to have (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related discipline
- 1+ year(s) professional experience in Archaeological field work
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
What we would like you to have (Preferred Qualifications):
- Be able to conduct field work in remote locations and be comfortable in the field environment
- Perform physically demanding tasks in various environments, including high temperatures
- Recognize the importance of consistent procedures and protocols. Local candidates currently residing in the Southeast are highly preferred
- Work experience includes archaeological survey and excavation, preferably in the Southeastern United States
- Experience with GPS technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent field skills, artifact analyses, and accurate keeping of field notes and records
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success. ICF is a purpose driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces and hires dimensions of differences.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we're not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$42,424.00 - $72,121.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)