- Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field
- 5 years or more experience with cultural resources projects, planning, and executing archeological investigations
- Must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures)
- Good organizational skills, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks
- Applicants will be required to submit both a writing sample and verifiable references.
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must
- Must be able to record cultural resources in the field without any physical assistance (this could include hiking short distances in scrub and native vegetation).
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in person, by telephone and email.
- Must be able to effectively work in minimally supervised and/or unsupervised environments.
- Work hours other than 8 to 5 which may include weekends and/or night shifts
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Be able to operate a vehicle day or night
- Approximately 60% travel required.
- Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field
- Have regional experience in KY/TN/MS/AL
- Pre-qualified, or can become pr-qualified, with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet as a Principal Investigator for Prehistoric and/or Historic sites, and/or as a Field Supervisor for all phases of archaeological investigations.
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- Minimum 1 year experience managing junior staff during fieldwork and report preparation
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.