Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As an experienced Archaeologist
in our Austin or Houston, Texas
office, you will apply your academic knowledge and practical experience to assist in executing archeological projects in Texas, Louisiana, and surrounding states. You will conduct Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III cultural resource surveys for linear corridor and large contiguous projects and support permitting and compliance projects for new developments, expansions, and operation and maintenance activities. Preferred candidates will have experience as a Cultural Resources Principal Investigator in historic and prehistoric archaeology.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position may include:
- Identifying cultural resources to support the environmental permitting of infrastructure projects;
- Preparing environmental documents for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) including, environmental resource reports, Environmental Assessments (EA), and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS);
- Providing Primary report authorship in a Cultural Resource Management (CRM) context for quality control review of field documents, site forms and reports;
- Coordinating with state and Federal resource agencies related to historic resources;
- Data management and curation post field assessment;
- Conducting archaeological site inspections and monitoring, including deep testing;
- Business development;
- Curating finds and documents as required, and
- Preparing a variety of technical documents and environmental permit applications.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you expand your career. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities, including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 30%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
- Bachelor's degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a related field. (required)
- Master's Degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a related field. (preferred)
- Ability to meet the Secretary of the Interior's standards, 36 CFR, Part 61. (required)
- At least 10 years of experience in CRM; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with Primary report authorship in a CRM context providing quality control review of field documents, site forms and reports. (required)
- Experience conducting Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III cultural resource surveys for linear corridor and large contiguous projects. (required)
- Solid understanding of Texas Antiquities Code, National Historic Preservation Act and National Environmental Policy Act compliance, Department of the Interior requirements, and standards. (preferred)
- Experience preparing proposals for various types of clients in the private and public sectors. (required)
- Ability to work independently for 40 or more hours per week, sometimes on an unpredictable schedule. (required)
- Demonstrated ability to hold and complete a Texas Antiquities Permit as a Principal Investigator. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visitinghttp://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.