Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We're seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you're invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world - we'd love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning - and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working in the research team at Robinhood, you'll help us systematically understand how people interact with our financial products and how they think and feel about money.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact questions from a product or business perspective
- Answering those questions with a strong command of qualitative and quantitative methods, using the right methods at the right time and triangulating data
- Planning and leading research end to end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research
- Representing the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process, working closely with PMs, designers, engineers, and leadership
- Strong storytelling skills - your style is compelling and memorable to all, including non-researchers
- Clearly communicating your research insights for teams to apply research findings to product and business impact
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users
- 6-8+ years of qualitative or quantitative research experience; it can either be industry-only, or a combination of industry experience and academic research
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- Record of applying your research skills to build product and business impact
- Passion for investing and making finance accessible to all
- Strong work ethic, excellent organization and communication skills
- Love and care for your craft
- Masters or PhD Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- Subject-matter expertise in advanced investing methods (e.g. options trading, futures trading)
- Past experience with investing, or work experience in fintech / financial institutions
- Experience with internal mentorship, as well as vendor management
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood's equity plan.
US Zone 1: $187000 - $220000
US Zone 2: $165000 - $194000
US Zone 3: $146000 - $172000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood's Benefits.