At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
AECOM is seeking an SOI qualified archaeologist, for the Archaeologist III position at our Burlington, NJ office to conduct fieldwork and write reports. The Archaeologist III will be required to direct fieldwork for both Precontact and Historic archaeological sites and monitoring. The candidate must be able to travel.
- BA/BS + 2 years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and / or education.
- Experience with federal and state regulations pertaining to cultural resources in the mid-Atlantic.
- Valid Driver's License and must be able to pass AECOM's Motor Vehicle Records review.
- Due to the nature of the work US Citizenship required.
- Advanced degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or a related field.
- 3 or more years' experience within CRM with projects.
- East Coast archaeological experience.
- Register of Professional Archaeologist (RPA).
- Ability to conduct fieldwork on Phase I-III archaeological surveys and manage field crew for both Precontact and Historic sites.
- Ability to complete technical analysis and report preparation.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Manage and train field crew.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Due to the nature of work, sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Field projects could be located anywhere in the US, and travel will be required. Flexibility to travel overnight and out of state for up to several months at a time.
- Data collection knowledge including GPS data collection, Total Station, and/or digital field data collection (ArcCollector, Survey123, Fulcrum, or comparable), MS Office, MS Access.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: East
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Hybrid