About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. Our Pittsburgh office is seeking Cultural Resources Technicians to assist the crew chiefs and field directors on a variety of cultural resources investigations located in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia throughout the 2023 field season.
These positions offer overtime pay at time-and-a-half; single occupancy hotels for out of town mobilizations; and per diem. The typical travel work week will consist of six, 10-hour days, with Sundays off. Per Diem and hotel will be provided for Sunday stays.
What you will accomplish
- Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
Experience and qualifications for success
- A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring
- Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
- An accredited Field School Certification
- Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Pittsburgh, PA-based position can expect a hourly rate of $18.75-$24.75/hour. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA's Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.