At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.
AECOM is seeking a Part Time Variable Archaeological Technician for our Germantown, MD, Raleigh, NC, Richmond, VA or Tallahassee, FL offices.
The Archaeological Technician will provide field and lab support to cultural resource projects throughout the US. The Archaeological Technician will have knowledge of basic field excavation techniques, the ability to identify Pre-contact and Historical artifacts, process (wash, catalog and mark) recovered archaeological artifacts, be able to properly fill out field and laboratory forms and be able to draw accurate profiles and plan views. They will perform excavation of STPs, test units, and features, as well as mapping and documentation. This position supports Phase I, II, and III field and lab studies.This position may consist of extensive manual labor including excavation with shovels and moving wheelbarrows filled with dirt. The Archaeological Technician should have the ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 50 lbs. and must have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Performs archaeological fieldwork, laboratory analysis, and documentation.
- Works under direction of Crew Chiefs, Field Director, Lab Supervisor, and Principal Investigator.
- Works with technical field, lab and office staff, managers and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet AECOM quality standards.
- Responsible for supporting supervisors as needed on a project basis- this could include providing graphic support, writing, travel coordination, project/paperwork organizational support, and pulling together the equipment for field projects as directed by supervisors.
- Performs data entry.
- \Performs artifact labeling.
- Copies records for curation.
- May build or repair field/lab equipment.
- Field projects could be located anywhere in the US, and travel will be required. possibly out of state for up to 3+ months at a time.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - over 50,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
- High School graduate with related experience or two years of undergraduate courses in Anthropology, History, or related field.
- Valid Driver's License and must be able to pass AECOM's Motor Vehicle Records review.
- Due to the type of work performed US Citizenship Required
- GPS data collection, Total Station, digital field data collection (ArcCollector, Survey123, Fulcrum, or comparable), MS Office, MS Access
- BA or BS in Anthropology or a related field or a minimum of 1 year of experience in archaeological fieldwork and analysis or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
- The candidate must be prepared for field, lab, and office tasks.
- Field staff must have the ability to communicate clearly and work well with others.
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: East
Career Area: Science
Work Location Model: Hybrid