Join the Canacre team in an exciting role working on leading edge infrastructure projects.
We are technical experts in land, energy, and transportation development delivering accurate, innovative, and agile solutions to our partners. We provide land acquisition, geospatial mapping, data management, web-based GIS, community relations, land feasibility studies, and permitting services. Canacre's clients include developers, large scale service providers, and government entities that are involved in the planning and development of energy projects, rights of way, resources, and infrastructure across Canada and the United States. Canacre works on large-scale wind and solar power projects, high-voltage transmission lines, pipeline projects, municipal roads projects, and groupings of cellular towers and rooftop antennas.
At Canacre, we act with honesty and integrity within a culture where trust, collaboration, and teamwork flourish. We commit to diversity, inclusivity and the celebration of successes. Our vision is to foster an environment that promotes inspired and empowered team members who make an impact.
The Cultural Resources Field Monitor will primarily be responsible for field-based cultural resources monitoring throughout large-scale construction projects. The Cultural Resources Field Monitor will primarily be responsible for conducting daily cultural compliance activities and monitoring duties during construction activities.
In addition, your role will be to:
- Conduct cultural resources surveys, assessments, and construction monitoring activities
- Monitor, documents, and report on compliance activities
- Coordinate and communicate with Field Lead and construction personnel to anticipate and address construction and logistical issues
- Act as a resource to construction personnel to explain cultural resource regulations and compliance activities to construction personnel
- Verify that culturally sensitive areas are properly marked and flagged before work is done in the area and periodically inspect the integrity of signage and flagging
- Maintain and submit daily monitoring compliance reports and documentation to the Field Lead
- Master's degree in archaeology, anthropology, or related field of study or bachelor's degree with 5 years of archaeological field experience
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in a cultural resources, archaeology, or related role
- Archaeology experience working on BLM lands in the southwestern United States
- Experience related to transmission line construction
- Professional experience working on projects regulated under NEPA or state-equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of cultural resource legislation and regulations
- Strong communication and technical skills will facilitate data collection and interpretation, technical report writing, regulatory permit applications, client communications, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, prioritizing and decision-making skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and highly organized with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid Driver's License, with ability to maintain insurability under the company's insurance carrier
At Canacre, our benefits program is one of the ways in which we reinforce the value we place on employees and the role they play in helping us achieve our goals. Canacre offers comprehensive health and dental coverage, paid time off, and disability insurance. Other benefits include a 401(k) Savings Plan employer matching program, Employee Assistance Program, flexible work arrangement and a variety of wellness programs.
Given the volume of applications we typically receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants, however, you will be contacted if your experience is a suitable match with one of our upcoming projects.
Powered by JazzHR