We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
AECOM is seeking an Archaeology Technician II to be based in Boston, MA, Manchester, NH, or Providence, RI.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of basic field excavation techniques, ability to process (wash, catalog and mark) recovered archaeological artifacts, properly fill out field and laboratory forms, perform extensive manual labor including excavation with shovels and moving buckets and wheelbarrows filled with dirt. Must have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, prolonged walking and standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions. The candidate will be well versed in standard archaeological techniques to include the excavation of shovel test pits and test units for all phases of archaeological investigations and must be prepared for field, lab, and office tasks.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - over 50,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs archaeological fieldwork, laboratory analysis, and documentation.
- Works under direction of Crew Chiefs, Field Director, Lab Supervisor, and Principal Investigator.
- Works with technical field, lab and office staff, managers, and administrative staff to ensure that projects meet AECOM quality standards.
- Responsible for supporting supervisors as needed on a project basis- this could include providing graphic support, writing, travel coordination, project/paperwork organizational support, and pulling together the equipment for field projects as directed by supervisors.
- Performs data entry and artifact labeling.
- Copies records for curation.
- May build or repair field/lab equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned. About AECOM's Environment Business Line.
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world.
AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world's most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM's Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks
- High School Diploma plus 2 years related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Due to the nature of this role, US citizenship is required.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Two years of undergraduate courses in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in archaeological fieldwork and analysis or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities, and experience.
- GPS data collection, Total Station, digital field data collection (ArcCollector, Survey123, Fulcrum, or comparable), MS Office, MS Access.
- Completion of a university-based archaeological field school preferred.
- Must be able to extensively perform bending, kneeling standing and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Field staff must have the ability to communicate clearly and work well with others.
- Travel is required for this position.
- Flexibility to travel overnight and out of state for up to 3+ months at a time.
- Field projects could be located in the New England, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast regions.
- Relocation is not available for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.
Business Line: Environment
Business Group: DCS
Strategic Business Unit: East
Career Area: Science