MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Adjunct Anthropology Faculty
Position Summary: Pool Position
Position number: BA9968
Salary: $500-$700 per credit hour
Motlow State is located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and has four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
Provide high quality effective instruction in accordance with the catalog description and the approved course syllabus; Facilitate student learning, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course's standard course outline as a guide.
Master's degree in discipline or a qualifying field from a regionally accredited college or university or a Master's degree in any field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in discipline or a qualifying field from a regionally accredited college or university by the application date.
Qualifying fields include Anthropology.
Doctoral degree in discipline or a qualifying field from a regionally accredited college or university or a Master's degree in any field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in discipline or a qualifying field from a regionally accredited college or university by the application date. Three years of Community College teaching experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the catalog description and the approved course syllabus; Teach dual enrollment classes at area high school as assigned; Travel to multiple campuses as assigned
- Collaborate collegially with faculty, Department Lead, and curriculum chair about curricular and programmatic issues and needs
- Collaborate collegially with faculty, administration and staff to support the students, strategic plan, goals and business operations of the college; Work collegially as part of both discipline-specific and multidisciplinary teams
- Stay abreast of current developments in the teaching discipline including scholarship, creative research, disciplinary and interdisciplinary activities that focus on the boundaries of knowledge, community-based scholarship, creative activities, and the development of cutting-edge teaching approaches
- Teach up to 12credit hours per semester as assigned
- Maintain availability for meetings with students and colleagues as needed throughout the semester.
- Respond promptly to the Dean's requests
- Submit all requested paperwork timely and completely
- Perform all duties in accordance with both TBR and MSCC policies
- Attend Adjunct Orientation
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Strong computer skills, to include college database (Banner) management, word processing, creating spreadsheets, e-mail, and the internet
- Knowledge of confidentiality statutes and policies as they apply to FERPA
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, with students, fellow employees, college administrators, and other stakeholders
To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application, transcripts and resume online at www.motlowjobs.com
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.